Maggiepaws

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bike to Work Month

I was on the news yesterday evening! Here's the story: Chris guilt tripped me into saying that I would ride my bike to work at least once a week during the month of June. June is Colorado's official bike month. I did it for the first time last week and LOVED it. Some other folks in my office are riding more this month as well because of bike month. My company is always looking for unique benefits to offer us, so I emailed our HR manager to ask if we could do an incentive program around bike month/bike commuting. The person who commutes the most miles in June gets a free day off. He was really excited about the idea and said that we could absolutely do it. It has sparked a surge of activity with people competing for the free day.

My boss called one of our local news stations and told them about the story. They had been looking for good bike month stories, so they were excited to interview us! Fortunately I rode in that day, and was wearing a super cool t-shirt I got at a bike shop this weekend that says "Bike Commuter" so that was even better. My hair on the other hand looked like crap because I had a helmet on, but oh well!!

If you have problems viewing the embedded video below, you can use the following link in stead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS5pH3zd0KQ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, good job!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home