Maggiepaws

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Surly Duff

I've wanted to make this costume for years now, and we finally had a good reason. My office has a Halloween costume party every year, and we were invited to a party at a co-workers house last night.
Surly Duff is a Simpsons character, one of the 7 Duff beers at Duff Gardens. He is the only one with a speaking role: "Surly only looks out for one guy- Surly."

I won't bore you with details of the construction, but it took a couple of weeks and involved a 3D computer model and a 36" HP plotter printer. It's felt supported with foam rubber, and the label is made of felt. Sarah did a fantastic job of sewing all of the parts together, especially the cap. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Happy Halloween!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally amazing. I thought it sounded like an overwhelming project when you mentioned it a couple weeks ago, but I figured if anyone could do it, it would be Chris and Sarah!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOH!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. I wanna go as Remorseful this year.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Dude, that is so stinkin' awesome.
Still.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home