Maggiepaws

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleeping with Gloves On

Ok, so forgive that I keep posting on this whole subject, but I just know that somewhere down the road I am going to run into some other poor soul with PUPPPs and she is going to say "you had it too?! What did you do to treat it?" and becuase I will have moved on and forgotten all the aches, pains and inconveniences of pregnancy I will wish I had written this stuff down somewhere!

My latest thing is that I am scratching myself in my sleep. I wake up and it is too late. I have unearthed another bad patch of PUPPPs that I then spend the next couple of days trying to avoid touching at all costs, even though it burns and crawls and I am dying to scratch it or do SOMETHING while it heals. The solution? Clip back your fingernails for starters. And, sleep in gloves. I tried this last night, and sure enough, I woke myself up scratching, but becuase I had the gloves on and there were no sharp surfaces, it did nothing. I have felt great today not having some delicate patch of it to care for and avoid like crazy. I think I am going to keep this up from now on, as much as it sucks to sleep in gloves. And with the prenatal vitamins my nails have been looking awesome lately, but nope. Those are weapons of torture in the middle of the night. I am 2 months away from my due date and I know it will fly by! Whatever I have to do to stay comfortable in the mean time!

The baby has been moving around a lot the last couple of days. I am starting to get to the point that when I feel him in there, it is less of a hard blob wherever he is, and now I think I can start to feel like a leg or arm or something. Some long hard thing that moves around. Everyone says he will grow to the point that I can make out his body parts - even see them through my stomach (foot, hand, whatever). Crazy stuff! He is cramped in there and trying to get comfortable for sure! It is fun to feel him move. Sometimes my stomach will twitch and stick out in odd places. Others can see it too. Sitting in meetings, or back in my office with my team. They have seen that movement. Chris has seen it too. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home