Maggiepaws

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Look what I did this weekend!!!

Chris just got a new computer last week, so he has been working like crazy to get it all set up. Since my best buddy is out of commission, I have been so bored! This weekend, I decided that I was tired of vacuuming around the linoleum that our brother-in-law Tyler gave us at Christmas-time. (Tyler gave us some linoleum to use in our bathroom. He is a flooring wholesaler, so could get his hands on some scraps of pretty nice material for us!) I decided the time was now to finally make some more major progress on our bathroom renovation. Oh my goodness, does it look SO GOOD!! Everyone thought that we were nuts to try to install linoleum on our own, but I have to say, it was surprisingly easy! I got a big sheet of paper, and made a template of the bathroom floor. Then I rolled out the linoleum in the living room, laid the template on top of it, and cut the linoleum to the approximate size. Then I took it into the bathroom (having already removed the toilet and vanity with Chris's help!) and laid it out. Then I made some more cuts as needed until it was the perfect size. Then, I folded the linoleum back about half way, demo'ed out the old floor, put down adhesive, laid the linoleum back down, and took some time to check for air bubbles and work them out. Then I did the other half following the same process. It took me about 6 hours, which isn't too bad overall. After having it set overnight, and seeing how it has settled, it really feels sturdy and looks great! I spent today nailing in the baseboards, caulking where there aren't baseboards, and doing other finish work to really get it all cleaned up. Go me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you come do our entry-way and basement bathroom floor? Your bathroom looks wonderful, you did a great job!

Karin

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed with both your ingenuity AND your application. You are Woman and I stand in awe. Glad to hear you all are doing well. It was so good to see you at Christmas and spend fun time together. If you come back this summer, we'll bring out our Wii system and play some tennis. It has made an otherwise boring winter come alive. You'd think we were teenagers. OK, not so much, but it's still fun. Good to hear from you!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home