Maggiepaws

Sunday, June 26, 2005

It's girls week!

Chris left yesterday for his major bike event of the summer. He is doing the Bicycle Tour of Colorado. It is an organized ride that covers 500 or so miles of the mountains, right around where all of the ski resorts are. Here’s the link in case you are interested in checking it out further http://www.bicycletourcolorado.com/. Chris is doing it with my dad, and my whole family is there cheering them on. It is weird because I can’t go. I have to work. My whole family is on vacation with my husband right now. My brother and his wife and my nephew Patrick flew in for it, and even my grandparents are there for the first day or so. Oh well. I just got word that they made it through the first day of riding. I haven’t heard the details yet. I told Chris that when he gets back, that he needs to write something on here and post some pictures, so hopefully in a week when he is done, you will hear all about it.

So Maggs, and Rosie and I are holding down the fort this week. It is funny, I forget how much I love Chris sometimes. Since he left, I have been wandering around here like a lost puppy dog. I miss him so much. I have been trying to take advantage of the fact that he is gone. I rented a bunch of chick movies, and I am eating all kinds of things that I love, but Chris hates. For example. I made these really yummy Portobello mushroom pizza things last night. Chris hates mushrooms, so I never get to eat it. I am going to be pigging out on them this week! I have made a couple of friends at work, and they have promised to come over and keep me company this week, so I won’t be too lonely.

I keep forgetting to post some pictures of our new house out here in Colorado, so I finally made myself do it today. We plan on doing some work on the outside of the house. We definitely want to paint it and update some of the landscaping. Our neighbors were surprised to hear that we were going to paint, since the previous owners just painted. I think they must have been colorblind when they picked out the colors though...lemon yellow…come on!!! I like yellow, but not THAT yellow…

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, and I will post more later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like the tour is going to be a lot of fun, I hope they make it though it okay. Enjoy your mushrooms! Thanks for the updates, and if you hear anything exciting from the guys, let us know.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home