Maggiepaws

Monday, June 20, 2005

We're melting!

I know that it has been a while since I have last updated. Our lives have been crazy since we came to Colorado. Now that we are all moved into our house, things are calming down. I have started getting emails asking for updates, and I will try to do better!

So here’s a clever anecdote for you. Our house doesn’t have air conditioning. Most of the houses out here don’t have it because everyone claims that the summers are so mild here that you really don’t need it. WHATEVER!!! It really hasn’t been so bad up until this last week. We bought a swamp cooler a month or so ago (it is a device that works opposite of a space heater. It blows cool air.) and that has held us over, but on my goodness has it gotten hot! It isn’t like what we experienced living in Missouri, but it is bad enough that you need air conditioning! The last weekend, we spent the whole time at my parents house, since they are higher up in elevation, so it is still cool at their house. Last night, when we got back from their house and went to bed, it was absolutely miserable. I woke up every hour or so just sweating. We had fans and everything, but it wasn’t doing any good. When I got up this morning as I was gathering my things to head off to the shower, I noticed that during the night, Chris had dragged the swamp cooler into our room, and had it aimed right at him. He also had a box fan aimed right at Maggie. I was the only one without a fan aimed on me. What the heck?! I have been giving him a lot of trouble about that today! I decided that I had had it and we were going to Wal Mart to get those window unit things today. When Chris got up, I asked him if he would go do that today while I am at work, and apparently he had gotten up in the middle of the night and researched it online. He was way ahead of me. So hopefully when I get home our house will be tolerable. I have talked with some of my co-workers about it, and we must be complete wusses because everyone else thinks it was hot last night, but not that bad. We have a week ahead of us with 90 degree temps. I hope we don’t melt! Think cool thoughts for us!

2 Comments:

Blogger farmgrl96 said...

Man what is wrong with those people out there?!? Reminds me of Cancun - I thought I was going to pass out when we went to Wal-mart. It was sooo hot in there! I guess it's ok if you're outside and there is a breeze. Maybe you guys should just pitch a tent in the backyard for the summer! LOL Just kidding!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have Wal-Mart in Cancun? Scary!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home