Maggiepaws

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

It's Alive!!!

This is Chris hijacking Sarah's blog. Wanted to post some pictures of the hop plants we're growing in the garden. I thought that they might be dead considering they'd been in the fridge for 2 1/2 months, and didn't see any signs of life after planting 3 weeks ago. But I guess they enjoy unbearably hot weather, and have come to life. The other ones we planted (donated by our neighbors) don't seem to be doing much of anything. But I guess we just have to wait.
I'll post more pictures as they get bigger. Supposedly, hops can grow about 12 inches per day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! I just saw your post! I am so glad they made it. I can't wait to see them when I get home!
-Sarah

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Cool!!! I've never seen real live hops!!!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not legal to smoke "hops" in Missouri - not even for "medcinal" puposes. Pretty sure it's illegal to grow it, too.

Better check with the local authorities.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, good thing we live in Colorado then...home of the ginormous Coors Brewery, that has acres and acres of hops fields! IF they can do it, then so can we...
-Sarah

8:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, one more thing...we don't plan to smoke it...just brew it... Who are you "Officer Friendly"?

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home