Maggiepaws

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Krav Maga

Chris and I have started taking this work out class called Krav Maga. It is an Israeli form of self defense that is becoming popular over here in the US. Chris first read about it when I was working for the battered women’s shelter (located in a really not great part of town) and tried to convince me to take it then just so I’d know how to protect myself if I ever had to. I never made time to do it. So finally, I just called up a place that teaches it and signed us both up. We have been twice now and are having a blast! It is maybe a cross between boxing, tae bo and kick boxing. I have never thought about punching anyone, but after a little instruction, I am pretty good at punching. We always wind up partnering up in class to practice whatever new moves they have taught (the partner that you are hitting on wears some sort of padding of course) so Chris and I have gotten to (pretend) beat each other up a few times. (maybe not so good considering where I used to work!) We just laugh and have a good time with it. Chris is REALLY good at it as it turns out. I keep doing the moves all wrong. It is just so unnatural to me to punch and kick, etc, but I am picking it up. We just did our second class today, and we are both so sore already…what a good workout!! We’ll have to keep you posted on how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You don't do ALL of the moves wrong. You sometimes just seem to forget that you are right handed! Oh great, now I'm going to get a beating!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home